Friday, June 20, 2008

Summertime!!

Summer- time, and the livin' is easy.

I hope you all enjoyed your last day of school!!

Esperanza, pictured here, is still paying us back, but her besitos are almost exactly like the kisses cookies I made for you this year. Here's the recipe:

4 egg whites
Beat to stiff peaks
Gradually add 1 1/4 Cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 12-ounce bag of chocolate chips

Drop by teaspoonful on brown paper bags that cover cookie sheet.

Bake at 325 for 15-18 minutes. Watch carefully!!

Those are the exact directions from my family recipe. My mom says the recipe came from a neighbor back in the late 60s. I'm sure you could update the directions somehow, but these work for me.

Oh, one other thing... I included on the CD a song from Orchestra Baobob. They are a band from Senegal, and they'll be playing next Wednesday night at Rockefeller Park in lower Manhattan. The details are at River to River Festival. I've seen some of their live stuff, and it's incredible. The studio CD doesn't quite capture the real sound. If you go, have a great time! Maybe I'll see you there!

No comments: