Tuesday, June 17, 2008

World's Religions

My dad sent me this flash movie about the world's religions. I'm curious to see what you think of it. It basically shows a video timeline of the spread of the world's religions, along with some of the key battles between them. My father's comment what that it doesn't show fighting either within Christianity or within Islam. My comment is that it's overly simplistic, leaving out any number of religious traditions. But, I guess it is just a map of the "organized religions." So... what do you think?

I also went to the website mapsofwar.com. There are some other flash movies there, about the spread of democracy and imperialism in the Middle East, for example, and which American political party was in charge during which American engagements overseas. I learned a few things that were surprising. There was a 19th century expedition to Korea? Wha??

Enjoy!

No comments: